Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Another Successful Coming Out!

During these past few months that I have not been regularly posting, something incredible has happened!

I had the pleasure of being honest with my grandmother and telling her who I am and what I'm doing. I can just say it was predictable, yet fantastic! I never believed she would have a problem with it, and she certainly didn't! It's sort of funny, seeing as she never would believe that my mom was having a boy until I was actually born. I guess she was right after all!

This is not to say however, that people can always be so predictable. Never allow yourself to believe that someone can't reject you just because you don't think  they will.

I am so lucky to have had such a positive experience this time around, and even luckier to have yet another loved one supporting me! I wish you all the very same acceptane and more!

1 comment:

  1. This is so wonderful for you Lauren! Wow.

    It may seem to be just an aside right now but the other wonderful thing is the lesson about acceptance you are learning because of this experience. Chances are you are going to be a mentor someday for a young person and, no doubt, you will pay this love forward.

    ReplyDelete